Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Magic Forest, Lake George NY


Magic Forest is a children's ride park for kids under 10. There's 25 rides total I believe, and I think 4 are geared towards adults (ferris wheel, tilt a whirl, and 2 others). There are 2 shows. One is a magic show, and one is a diving horse. I personally didn't catch the shows, although I heard from my sister-in-law that the diving horse was interesting.

My son had a GREAT time. He's 3 1/2 years old and loved the ferris wheel (my husband said that every time they got to the top my son yelled "oh my god, this is so high") and a lot of the other rides. The only thing he tried to get off of a ride was the mini carousel. He tried to climb off of the horse while it was moving and I had to get him to sit still.

For pricing, the kids 2-10 are $15.99, as are seniors (I think 55 and older). Regular adults are $17.99 each. The hours are from 9:30 until 5pm, and if you go after 3pm, you can get in the next day for free. We did that option, and showed up around 4.

There's a picnic area, so you can bring in food and eat your own food without issue. You can also buy snacks from a concession stand, along with probably hot dogs and stuff of that nature.

Overall, on a scale of 1-5, I would give the park a 3.5. I wish they would update some of the rides, but the old school rides were also fun. They had a mini roller coaster that was literally kick started. The worker had to push with his foot to get the ride going. A lot of the rides are from probably the 50's.

The only thing I would caution people about is that, at least when I was there, most of the workers did not speak good english. It wasn't really an issue for us, but there could be an issue with a language barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment