Monday, May 17, 2010

Syracuse, NY- Mountain Goat Run

On May 2nd, I raced in the Dunn Tire Mountain Goat Run in Syracuse, NY. It was my first actual race that I participated in. There were options for a children's 1/2 mile race, a 3K, and a 10 mile race. I did the 3K.

Overall, it wasn't really a family event. There was beer for runners after the 10 mile. Apparently there were real goats during the 10-mile race, although I didn't see them during the 3K. There were no water areas as promised during the 3K. Not that it was totally necessary, but it was mentioned in the information for the race.

My husband and son watched me cross the finish line. The course layout was fine, as it was on roads in the city. There were no hills for the 3K, despite the name.

On a scale of 1-5, I give the race a 3.5. There could be more of a family feel, especially with the children's race. The price wasn't bad (I think it was $14 for early applicants for the 3K, and went up to $20 on race day.) Would I race it again? Yes, I think I would, because the course was decent. But I wouldn't expect my husband and son to wait around on the curb for me.

I have no pictures for this review, as I forgot the camera that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment